Jan 16, 2012

Which is the better platform ?

It's so hard to decide which is the better platform Blogger or Wordpress !

For years now I have used both creating blogs and websites for family, friends and business clients and after all this time and fun I've had playing around on both these platforms I still can't decide which one I want to use for myself.

Have a look at Wordpress.org platform which is powered by PHP and MYSQL and initially introduced to the world in May 2003, version WP 3.0 was downloaded more than 33 million times in 2011. It has thousands of templates that are free to download and use, and if your like me play around with the code bugger them up delete them and start again till you get it right :)

Now have a look at Blogger.com one excellent platform for a newbie to start their blog with,  so user friendly and yet so up there with the rest,  you can spice it up now with free templates and social plugins, as opposed to Wordpress where you do need a little knowledge on what web hosting is, FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and cpanel with Blogger you don't even need the dummies guide on how to us it.




So I had to decide what to do for myself for my site.

 I will still introduce Blogger to friends and family who get the urge to be bloggers, we are all bloggers at heart and we all have some weird, wonderful, whacky stories to tell and on Blogger there is unlimited bandwidth and it's free your not paying for it :)).

The reasons I have made my choice to move my site to Wordpress in the near future:

* I have heard and it seems true that Wordpress is much more SEO friendly than blogger.
* Wordpress has a lot more Widgets, Gadgets and Plugins than Blogger.
* Google has terms and Services and if I don't comply with them my blogspot may be deleted :(

What do you think of my decision guys is Wordpress the better platform ?

No comments:

Post a Comment